COVID-19 Notice to Families and High School students as they start to return to campus
Notice to Families and High School Students as They Return to
Pike County Schools’ Campuses for Various Summer Activities
Pike County Schools is committed to safely reopening its campuses to students. To that end, please note and abide by the following responsibilities designed to mitigate the transmission of COVID-19. The COVID-19 pandemic remains a very fluid situation and these guidelines are subject to change.
- Monitor student symptoms including a visual observation, temperature check and health questioning daily.
- School officials will adhere to ADPH, SDE, and AHSAA guidance/protocols on social distancing, hand sanitizing, facial coverings, and the sanitizing of spaces and environmental cleaning
- School officials will monitor themselves for symptoms of COVID-19
- Know the symptoms of COVID-19. They include the following:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Do not allow students who exhibited these symptoms in the past 14 days to visit and Pike County Schools’ Campus.
- Adhere to school guidance on dropping-off and picking-up students.
- Parents are to remain in vehicles, unless told by a school official to exit vehicle.
- Stay home and tell someone if exhibiting symptoms.
- Submit to daily symptom monitoring including a visual observation, temperature check and health questioning upon arrival at a school campus.
- Follow school procedures on social distancing, hand sanitizing, and facial coverings.